Monday, April 13, 2009

死女?唔該畀把刀我

Deadgirl/USA/2008

「在多倫多電影節觀眾拍爛手掌,擺明車馬玩驚嚇....」

咁我估呢個係文化差異囉。

個故事係咁既。兩位有書唔讀只顧溝女的年輕人,闖入荒廢精神病院發現一條赤裸女喪屍,其中一位人兄竟然對半腐女屍起色心,把女屍當作私人洩慾工具,地下密室成私人炮房.....

「擺明車馬玩驚嚇」---- well, 條女喪屍好污遭,但一點都不驚嚇。無字幕,但閉上眼都明,因為根本就無故事可言,幾個男仔fuck來fuck去,shit來shit去,編劇把「究竟姦唔姦條屍好呢?」所產的所謂分歧,拍成「兄弟人足情」,簡直係無聊當有趣。

我看的那場正好導演也在,片一完credit也不敢看完就急急走人,大佬,個多小時裡如坐針氈,唔走我怕我忍不住舉手說︰「I've just wasted 2 hours in my life.」

後話︰看完有人在imdb的comment後,不得不承認,美中兩國之間真的存在很大很大的文化差異.....

I have a longer review of this, but unfortunately it breaches the 1k word limit of IMDb, so I will be rather succinct.

I had the pleasure of watching this at the Leeds Film Festival as part of Night of the Dead. At first I was apprehensive, expecting perhaps another 'torture-porn' indie film.

Instead, I got a powerful probe into the human psyche and the limits of human capability and barbarity. (!!!)

The two main characters are enthralling and thoroughly explored, it is this subtle psychological study juxtaposed with the stark brutality of the films heavier moments that make this so powerful. Gritty, grainy, and teetering between realism, fantasy, and science-fiction, deadgirl is a horror that raises the bar on context, delivery, and emotional impact. It is probably the best US horror I have seen in recent memory, and its rating here on IMDb seems to reflect people taking it on at a superficial value only. (!!!!!!!!!!!)

However, the film also knows is limits, it does not plunge into the sea of self indulgent artistic pretence. Instead, it stays afloat and allows you to glimpse down and take what you want from it, to empathise with who you deem worthy, and cast the sinister question of just what would YOU do in a room where society's laws are locked away in the background, your own state of nature in the metallic underbelly of an abandoned mental asylum. Would you return to the banality of suburban school life? Would you act on feral urge or try and do what you perceive to be the right thing.

Recommended.
(二。待續)

9 comments:

  1. 私人豹房...應該是炮房
    火大手文之誤吧
    呢套...睇完真係想向導演爆粗~

    ReplyDelete
  2. 我真的以為是「豹」字,因為感覺比較咸濕

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey i like your reviews a lot rommamte! Keep writing pls!
    I watched 3 films only:
    a. I've loved u so long (4 1/2 stars)
    b. Lion's den (4 1/2 stars)
    c. disgrace (2 1/2 stars)

    not bad eh?

    ReplyDelete
  4. 三中二, 你羸晒 ~

    ReplyDelete
  5. btw, 看影評說" disgrace"真的改編得令人失望,書應好睇十倍吧?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have you read the book before?
    It's been selected as the best novel in the Commonwealth in the past 25 years.
    It's a terrific book and the story is a very disturbing one. The hopelessness and disgrace of aging.
    The movie is quite crappy indeed. The novelist, J M Coetzee, is very good at depicting human voids and psyche, so i think it's quite hard to adapt his books!

    ReplyDelete
  7. 但豹房又唔錯得晒,因為明武宗當年dup o左間享樂o既「架步」,就係叫「豹房」……

    另,未睇過《Disgrace》原著,對電影冇乜特別期望。算ok囉。

    多月cd-rom一名,今次乘機留言(兼稍後同連線連結),打個招呼先。

    ReplyDelete
  8. eric spanner
    幸會幸會 ~

    ReplyDelete
  9. =)

    連結排到星期五先出到街:http://www.hkifflink.net/2009/04/24/3561/

    ReplyDelete