人人人/Kowloon Station/ Oct 11/ QL17 x Solaris 200
在這個地方住了這麼多年,是hometown,是家。愈大,就住得愈不爽,時時刻刻都有移民的念頭。
星期日,不像四年前,沒有去看開票箱。在床上準備去睡但仍放不低電話,不停上網看投票結果。今回的感覺很奇特,賽果公布前覺得即使我投的候選人輸了也是抵的,我投給他多半是出於不理性的人情。但結果他真的輸了(其實一點也不意外),在電視上看見他面黑黑的樣子,心又真是有點難過。偶像李卓人輸了,陳淑莊都輸了,但白姐姐贏了,最難頂的梁美芬都贏了。那晚,睡得不穩,情緒被牽動到另一天。
這是民主選舉,是我們一直口中享往的民主選舉,但結果顯示,原來我隔離屋的陳師奶,和對面海的張大嬸,與我的taste是如此差天共地。原來在這個地方,有千千萬萬個陳師奶張大嬸,原來,我是少數,這回我可真是接受不來。我當然不介意陳師奶張大嬸不擁抱我穿衣聽歌看戲的taste,但他們去支持那些三番四次嘗試賣掉我們最最最基本的人權又顛倒黑白的政黨/政客,就真是令我很想移民到火星。
有說,別要小看選民,在區議會選舉選個最會搞蛇宴和秋季大旅行的,不代表放棄追求民主自由。如果選民真的如此醒目,他們應該明白無論他們投給誰,蛇宴照樣是有多無少的。即使被抄下身份證坐埋早已準備好的旅遊巴去票站,他們在那個投票格內,仍然可以自由地選擇任何一個候選人。即使想吃蛇宴,即使泛民如何不濟,都總不能支持那些永遠沒立場又不分是非的政黨吧。所以我傾向相信那個恐怖的假設︰陳師奶和張大嬸是真心支持他們所投的人啊。
如果是這樣,我真的真的不想再跟千千萬萬個陳師奶張大嬸之流住在同一個地方了,他們「多數人」的決定正正剝削我所擁抱的民主自由這些普世價值。這一刻,體會到什麼是「多數人的暴政」,原來真的很粗暴。陳師奶張大嬸,我們還是分開吧,我去我的火星,你們就繼續吃你們的蛇宴吧。
(其實如果要走,也沒有人留我,只是我走唔郁啫,頂。)

Totally agree, the idea of leaving pops up from time to time... Sometimes I can't fully blame those high up for steering HK to hell, coz I know (don't we all know?) that things wouldn't have happened easily without the consent (even silent ones) of the majority of HKers. Many of us are just so forgetful, so short-sighted, caring only about our immediate, superficial interests, while ignoring some of the less apparent, but more important rights that we deserve. So, I guess what kills HK is actually those HK people.
ReplyDeleteBut then, Esther, there won't be much of a choice of candidates in Mars, which will no doubt becomes a one-party state since it is full of pan-democrats immigrants...Isn't it interesting to see that those who cast their votes and made such choices on Sunday were the same people who dealt a landslide punishment for the other side back in 2003, a scene which I still vividly remember. Eight years...that's about the length required to secure a "green card". Someone waited rather than leaving, and regained their footholds this Sunday again. Worth the wait, right?
ReplyDeleteAmbrose
"最難頂的梁美芬都贏了。那晚,睡得不穩,情緒被牽動到另一天"。我也對呢個選舉結果感到意外,失望.那是一個中產人士的選區,他們作出如此選擇,令我好失望.除非有些投票人士是...
ReplyDelete跟你一樣, 對這個城市失望, 一次比一次徹底, 不知道怎樣去令喪屍們回復理智, 懂思考, 每日活在喪屍堆中, 想死, 是講堅的想死
ReplyDelete可惜, 我又去得邊? 開始好羨慕專長是寫programme做architect甚至是大廚的人, 起碼他們移民還有點本錢, 我去第二度, 乞食麼...
Hon, yes, "they" are killing "us" and I dont want to be killed. It's the forgetfulness of ppl that scares me.
ReplyDeleteAmbrose, I m not that optimistic. Maybe we need another "Article 23" agenda and one more Regina Ip to wake ppl up ? How pathetic. If one loses hope, he loses everything (on this piece of land).
Wing, at the end, it's ppl's choice. We should have nth to blame. But still, i can choose to leave.